Originate provides creative consulting for a range of projects involving planning, remodeling and/or new construction. During a site visit or showroom appointment, we work with clients to identify project objectives and desired outcomes. Rates are available on a sliding scale for commercial, residential and nonprofit or public projects. Examples of projects may include:
- Assisting developers with obtaining LEED certification for commercial or residential projects
- Drafting conceptual layouts and designs for residential remodeling projects
- Designing color palette suggestions for interior natural paints and plasters
- Specifying eco-friendly materials lists for new construction or remodeling such as flooring, cabinetry, countertops and tile
- Creating resource lists for materials, finishes and cleaning solutions in settings where chemically sensitive individuals live or work
Originate functions as a community resource. We enjoy sharing knowledge about natural building materials and making environmentally aware choices during the design and build process. During a visit to the showroom, you can look through a one-of-a-kind library with books about natural materials and sustainable building methods. Reference lists are also available to help you find local architects, designers and contractors that either base their designs in green building principles and/or use natural materials in construction.
We welcome small groups and classes of all ages to visit the showroom by appointment for an introduction to eco-friendly materials. We also visit local businesses, governmental offices, schools or non-profit organizations to present topics relevant to a group’s current projects or plans.
Originate has twelve years of history building relationships with materials vendors throughout the United States. In addition, our staff has 20 years of combined experience in design, planning, construction, project management and interior design.
We provide technical product information to contractors and project managers on commercial and residential projects to enable fully informed specifications of natural building materials. Whether you are preparing for a client presentation or gearing up for a LEED certified project, we can help you by obtaining samples, outlining specs or pricing materials.